Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Something Interesting?

I have decided that I am not an interesting or funny enough person to have my own blog, but you know what? I don't care. I don't care if only my mom reads it, it's still fun.

Okay, so something interesting...something interesting...

Well, as most of my friends and family know, we do not have cable at our house and we are too low or far out in the boonies (whatever you wish to believe) to get network television free and clear. So, all we get is NBC on our bedroom tv and it is usually fuzzy. We constantly have to shift the tv to get a mostly clear picture. It's annoying. Because of this, we either watch what's on NBC, nothing at all, or we rely on dvds and videos to provide our entertainment. My husband's dear secretary sympathizes and tapes American Idol for us every season. She's such a sweetie.

Therefore, last night we finally watched the first two-hour episode in Chicago. Oh my. It is just so sad that year after year after year, people still think that they are the living end and are good enough singers to be on the show!! Now, I'm not saying I would be good enough to be on the show, but I know I can at least carry a tune. It just makes me feel so sorry for these people who really and truly think they are star material and when they don't make it, they get so stinkin' upset and go off on everyone. It's just sad. And what is with Randy and Paula letting that "Crazy Dave" through? I mean, they are just giving this poor guy false hope. It's just insane, and alas, I love it.

For those of you who have a plethora of stations to peruse and are able to watch any show anytime you like, do me a favor and don't spoil it for me. I'll watch it all eventually.

"Prather out,"
Lauren :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, what was up with Dave? I think Simon let him get through as a lesson for all of the other loonies out there. He will get to Hollywood and fall completely on his skinny face. Not that I want him to fail, but there is no way that he will be able to make the transition from circus-freak to male entertainer of the year!

As far as the sleeping goes, I seriously think we need to go to bed earlier. I know what you are thinking and yes! I am the one who keeps us up later at night watching Leno or Conan. As much as it makes my soul ache, I...really...think...we....should...not...watch...late-night......again! Whew! I said it. But it was sooo hard. We should try to get in bed (not get ready for bed or take a shower) by 10:00. If we make it earlier, all the better. If we make it later, then we will continue to be tired and less than what we could be!