Thursday, January 19, 2006

It all begins here...

Okay, so this is my first post. I am excited! I created a blog for our family as a whole so everyone could see pictures and updates of Will, but I thought it would be fun to have my own too, so if anyone cares to know, you can read about what's going on in my "interesting" life.

The family blog is http://pratherplace.blogspot.com. This is where we'll post most of the pictures and info about our precious little boy Will.

Let's see...things that are new with me...not much! Scott started back to ACU this week. He is taking one class there on campus and two online. I'm sure he will have another excellent semester.

We bought tickets for Follies today, so if you're going, we'll see you there! We are going to the 2:00 show this time since we have a little boy who will be sleepy at night. We'll be making a day trip of it as well and hope to get there in time for club breakfasts. Isn't it weird how we don't know anyone at LCU anymore? I think I can count on my hand the number of people I know who actually go to school there. Crazy.


Reflections:

We spent Thanksgiving in Houston with my family and had a great time. It was a quick trip, though! We flew to Florida on Dec. 22nd to visit Scott's family and had a good time there, too. Unfortunately, we all had various sicknesses while there, but we recovered and still had fun. We flew back on the 30th and my parents and Grandma Thelma were here to have Christmas with us. They got to stay for about four days, so that was really nice.

In case you are wondering what "Andrea Luthringer's Updates" is on my link list, let me share with you the story of this amazing woman! I grew up going to church with Andrea, who is a couple of years younger than me. Her sister (who is the same age as me) was a good friend of mine through our teenage years. On Thanksgiving Day of 2005, Andrea started to feel very ill. She'd had oral surgery a few days prior and couldn't seem to stop bleeding. Her parents took her to the ER and they ran lots of tests. She was diagnosed with AML (acute myleoid luekemia) and was in ICU by the next morning. She has since been through lots of ups and downs...she was on a ventilator for quite a while, she's had chemo, she was rejecting platelets for a while...but things are looking up! She was moved to Progressive Care over the weekend and is breathing completely on her own. She has been able to shower and eat solid foods and walk down the hallway with a walker. Today she had eye surgery (the chemo caused some eye problems and she hasn't been able to see for quite some time) and will have her other eye operated on next week. Hopefully, if all goes well, she will be able to go home soon. Please pray for this sweet, courageous woman! Take a look at her link for more detailed and firsthand updates.

Well, I had better sign off for now. Everyone have a blessed day!!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey Lauren!! It was wonderful to hear from you-welcome to the land of blogging! I know, I wish I was able to see you, too...It was great having lunch with Scott the other day-I sure wish you could've been there, also!

It is so interesting and amazing to see what God has and continues to do in our lives since college-it is great! I hope that we will always keep in touch. I will be at Follies and I look forward to seeing you there and meeting your adorable son! :) I hope you are having an amazing week-I love and miss you lots! God bless~

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.