Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pet Peeves

I got in bed last night at 11:00--an amazing feat for me. I turned off the light and snuggled under the covers. I started to let my body relax and enter the blissful realm which is sleep. Suddenly the silence was broken by the whine of the dog. We ignored him, foolishly thinking he would leave us alone if we just pretended to be asleep. Oh, no. He was too smart for that. He upped the ante. Finally, Scott got up to let him outside. It turned out the dog didn't need to go outside. He wanted a midnight snack.

This is one of my main gripes about my dog--I love him, but he is really annoying sometimes. Really. Annoying. He will not eat if you are not in the room with him. Therefore, he doesn't eat all day while we are gone to work. He waits until we get home and binges on his food. He probably only eats once a day (maybe twice) because of this. Our other dog does about the same thing. But he waits until Frank (Dog #1) is finished eating before he eats. I know! They're insane.

So, Scott brought the food and water into our bathroom so we could go to sleep. Or so we thought! Frank literally feasted for about 30 minutes (or at least in my half-consciousness, that is what it seemed like), I'm honestly not sure if he had eaten at all yesterday because of how much he ate. He crunched and crunched and crunched. Then he drank and drank and drank. Oh, for the love! I just wanted to sleep. So, finally he gets back in bed (we let them sleep in our bed last night--stupidly--because it was cold and rainy outside) and gets settled. So, I think, okay, I can finally go to sleep. Wrong!! Cracker (Dog #2) decides that it is his turn to eat. Thank goodness he didn't make such a feast of it like Frank did. I just wanted to scream I was so irritated! So, what I want to know is: is it only my dogs who are insane in this way, or does anyone else have this strange problem? Just checkin'.

Peeved,
Lauren :)

No comments: