Monday, April 17, 2006

The Trip, Amber, and the Car

I am so exhausted! We went to San Antonio for Easter this weekend and had a good time relaxing and seeing the family. I saw my cousin Amber and her son Cade whom I haven't seen since November of 2004, so it was good to spend a little time with them (not enough!).

Amber was my best friend growing up. It was so cool going to Grandma's house because Amber lived right down the dirt road. When I would stay at my grandparents' house for a week at a time in the summer, you could bet that at least one or two of those nights would be spent and Amber's house. We would stay up late watching Dirty Dancing and Grease (shh, don't tell!). We had the best fun. She also had a pool in her backyard--a real, in-ground pool. What better to cool you off on a hot San Antonio day than a little dip? I don't get to see Amber near enough, even though she and her husband built a house down that same dirt road; we don't get to go down as often as we like and busy lives get the best of us. We'll need to make sure and get together for some good catching up the next time we're there.

My parents brought us a new car. Well, new to us. It's a small SUV (4Runner), so it will be nice to have some more space again. I had forgotten how nice it was to have a pick-up to haul stuff around in. We did have a couple of problems with it over the weekend, though, so my brother and Scott spent a lot of time working on it outside. First, the A/C went out on Kendall when he was driving it up to San Antonio. They figured out fairly quickly that it was a fan belt and got it fixed. Then, we were playing around with stuff (like you do when you get a new car) and got the rear passenger side window stuck in the down position. They worked on it a while and decided to get a new window motor. As it turns out, if you do not shut a car door all the way and leave it that way for several hours, it runs the battery down. They found out the window motor was not the problem, but a new battery would have to be purchased. So, it was not a spectacular weekend on that front, but I think they still had fun being guys and working on the car. Kendall is going to Texas State Technical College next year to be an auto mechanic, so I know he had fun :)

Anyway, we made it home safely after a delicious meal at The Cracker Barrel in Kerrville, several stops, and lots of deer between Ozona and Garden City. Woo hoo! My bed never called my name so loudly as it did last night. It is calling to me yet again...what? I need to crawl in and get comfy and not wake up til noon tomorrow?? I wish, oh, how I wish life were that easy!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I hope the appt. at the ENT goes well. It's so hard seeing them like that. Madi never had this problem, but it's been all new for us. I feel your pain as a parent!!! I'll be praying for yall.

Katherine said...

Hey chica! Thanks for your comment-I need to come visit you guys sometime soon, too! I hope y'all are doing well and that you are getting some sleep! Love ya, babe~

Amy said...

I cannot believe your brother is old enough to drive a car, let alone leave home! Wow, time has flown!