Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ringing in the New Year...

...from my bed :( Scott and I have both been sick for a week now. Mine started on Christmas evening with a tickle in the back of my throat. By Thursday morning it was a full-blown throat infection. I also have an ear infection. I went to the doctor on Thursday (not my normal one, because of course, she is out of town!), got anti-biotics, ear drops, and a shot. He told me I would be feeling a little better by that afternoon and to call him on Friday. I called on Friday and said, "I feel worse! And now my husband is sick, too." So we both went in on Friday. Scott got anti-biotics and I got another shot. (Oh by the way, Scott has a viral and bacterial infection in his eye. He went to the eye doctor on Thursday for that). By Friday evening, Scott was in bed like me with fever and chills. So, now we both feel like utter muck and have two children to care for. We called a mother of one of our youth group members and asked if she could take Will for the evening. As the night wore on, we knew we were in no condition to keep up with him. Our friends offered to keep him for the night and we gratefully accepted. Saturday morning came and we had no improvement. Will ended up staying with our friends until MONDAY morning. They are so wonderful and we are very very grateful. Neither Scott nor I feel 100% better yet. In fact, we both still feel pretty crummy. But we are hopefully on the upswing. And our regular doc will be back in the office tomorrow :) I am so ready to get out of the prison of my house and wear clothes other than pajamas!! Happy New Year, everyone!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

What a bummer!! Hope you guys feel better soon!

Terri said...

:( so sorry you've been so sick!

Hope you are feeling normal soon....

sending hugs & wish we lived closer to help,,, mom

Larissa said...

Man, I am glad that infections that not be caught through the computer. I don't want any part of that! I hope y'all recover soon!!!

Katherine said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I feel your pain...I rang in the new year with a really bad strep infection!! Ugh-this stuff just seems to be flying around!

Happy New Year!