Thursday, July 27, 2006

How??


I just want to know how they do it. Those Asian ladies in the nail salon. How do they paint my nails so perfectly in such a small amount of time? And what do they do to make the polish stay on and intact for several days in a row? I attempted to paint my nails the other night. I washed my hands, filed my nails into nice "squoval" shapes, and painted on a clear base coat. I waited several mintues for them to dry. Then I painted the color. Again, I waited. Lastly, I painted a top coat. That may have been my mistake. I still had a few hours before I went to bed for the nails to completely dry, right? Wrong. I woke up in the morning to find air-bubbly nails with bedsheet and hair imprints in them. In fact, they really didn't completely dry until that night.

So, what I want to know is how do those ladies paint my nails with a base coat, color, and top coat (all in rapid succession, mind you) and then I can leave a few minutes later with no problem? Is it simply the base and top coats they use (which of course, have no labels) or the 2 mintues I spend sitting under the UV-cancer-ray-lamps? Hmm...will I ever know? Possibly. But for now, painting my nails will have to wait until Will goes to kindergarten.

2 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

I have NEVER been good at painting my own nails. It's clear coats only for me on the hands. Now on the feet I just tried doing that at-home french manicure(pedicure I guess.) It wasn't anywhere close to being 'perfect' ...but for ME, I was pretty impressed! ;)

I say: just let them do it for you!

Anonymous said...

I use a base coat from sally's called Bonder made by ORLY. After two coats of color use a top coat by OPI(can get at trade secret). This should do the trick!