Sunday, July 30, 2006

Never Again


Okay, I know the saying, "Never say never," but if I have anything to do with it, I am never eating at McDonald's again.

Scott and I watched the documentary Super Size Me the other night (which I do recommend to all of you out there who have an interest in what you are eating and how it affects you). I just have to say, "Wow." The guy who made the film, Morgan Spurlock, ate nothing but McDonald's three meals a day for 30 straight days. First of all, ugh. I can barely eat there as it is. He could only eat what was on their menu and had to try everything at least once. If they asked him if he wanted to super size, he had to say yes. There is so much about this movie I could tell you, but I really want you all to see it for yourselves. It will make you think very differently about fast food. Also, don't forget to watch the special features, especially the interview with Eric Schlosser, who wrote the book Fast Food Nation. That, too, is quite enlightening.

The film has some gross parts; I did have to turn away a couple of times, but you still know what's happening. That's my only real warning. Otherwise, I think this film is one that all Americans need to see!

2 comments:

Noel Green said...

AMEN to that!
Of course, I secretly hope that everyone becomes vegan . . . :)

Noel Green said...

Hello, again:)
I thought I'd write you back on your blog about the vegan thing . . .no, I wasn't vegan (not even close!) in college. I decided to become vegan about 2 1/2 years ago. I did it for health and for fun. Yes, fun! It's really good for creativity as far as coming up with meals and such. Noel became vegan when we married (his choice) and neither of us want to change back!

So, we're vegans without an agenda:) We just enjoy it and love cooking together and eating unusual things.
Not to mention, we both like being different:).