Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 5th

I seem to finally have a few moments in which to update! Yea! Last week, we were actually at home all week, but our computer was acting very strange, so everytime I tried to get on to update, I was booted off. So, a recap for the last two weeks:

Not much really exciting happened last week. I tried to get my house somewhat clean (which miserably failed because everytime I got it picked up, it would last about two hours) and also get geared up to pack for Will and I's trip to Houston. Scott was also busy preparing for Wilderness Trek.

Will and I flew out of Midland on Friday. I have realized that flying with babies is much easier when they are very small because they usually sleep through the entire flight (at least, that is what Will used to do). He wasn't bad during the flight, per se, he was just very active. I told my mom (which she thought was quite humorous) that he was the monkey and I was the jungle gym. What made this even worse was that even though I peed right before getting on the plane, I had to go again with in minutes of take-off. Of course, there was "turbulence," so the captain never turned off the fasten-seat-belt sign. Supposedly, the turbulence was so bad that we didn't even get served our drinks and peanuts. I never felt this so-called turbulence. I think they just didn't want me to pee. So the whole flight, Will was stepping on my bladder and I was cringing in pain. And because of this "turbulence," our flight was delayed about 30 minutes (I'm guessing they flew around the bad weather) so I had to endure even more climbing than usual. Also, he dumped a whole baggie of Cheerios out on my lap, so the kind, caring, grandpa next to me graciously held him while I cleaned up this mess.

Of course, through all of this, Will was extremely cute and flirtatious with all the people around us, so they all thought he was precious (which he is), even though he kept looking out the window and saying "Car!" over and over again.

Car and cow are Will's new favorite words. He has taken to calling my parents' dogs "cows," since they are considerably bigger than our dogs at home. He has also mastered "cat," as my parents also have a cat. Among his new words, another of his new tricks is walking. Well, he's not really walking, but he is SO close. We went and visited with some friends on Saturday night who are expecting a baby in a couple of weeks. They had been given a hand-me-down walking toy and let Will play with it. He must have walked across their living room with that thing 50 times. They were very sweet and allowed him to borrow it for the rest of the week, so he has been enjoying it quite a bit. Also, he has taken a few unassisted steps, but quickly sits down once he realizes what is happening.

Let's see, what else?? My mom and I went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" on Saturday night. It was a cute movie. Of course, Anne Hathaway is very good at playing the ugly-duckling-turned-swan type roles. Meryl Streep was good as the vicious boss.

Yesterday, the 4th, we went my great-aunt's lakehouse to spend the day. It stormed off and on all day, so I never got in the boat or in the water, but all the kids did. We had a good time visiting and playing games. There is just something about the water that relaxes you, I think. Whether just looking at it or lying on the beach, it is calming. I really enjoy getting to spend time out there.

Today, we are trapped inside by the rain, again. Of course it would rain the entire week I am here! I was really hoping to spend the majority of my time outside by or in my parents' pool, but instead we have only been in it once since we got here :( Hopefully the rain will cease soon. I hope you all had a great holiday. Thanks for indulging me by reading this insanely long post! Pictures will come next week (hopefully my computer will allow me) when I am back home with my card-reader.

1 comment:

Neena said...

Sounds like you are having a great week except for the rain. I would gladly take the rain from you and bring it here if I could. I hope you have a good rest of the week.