Friday, July 14, 2006

Moving

Ha, ha! Made you look :) No, we're not moving...houses, anyway. But we have moved a lot of furniture in the past few days. I (and Scott) have been so busy. I was tired of the cramped feeling in our guest room with the computer desk in there, so we moved it into our bedroom (there's a whole other story there...). I also wanted the rocking chair in Will's room to go in the guest room because we have had a mattress propped up behind Will's bedroom door for a LONG time. I wanted that thing out from behind the door! So, we moved the rocker to the guest
room and the bed to where the rocker was. It's just a mattress on the floor right now, but I feel a lot better about it.
The compuer desk in our room...don't look too closely...I'm not quite finished getting it all together!

What you see when you walk into the guest room now...


Along with all the moving 0f furniture comes much purging and organizing. I have been literally waist deep in crap (figuratively speaking). Ugh. How does a couple who has only been married for 6 six years accumulate so much STUFF?? I mean, I think we have as much junk as my parents who have been married for almost 30! I have thrown away A LOT of stuff in the past two days. And I feel good about it. I really do.

Because of all this moving, purging, and organizing, Will has spent the last two days with sitters. Yesterday, he stayed with one of the sweetest girls in our youth group, Teryn. Teryn has something to offer Will that not many other girls do...cows. Yep, she's got real-live steers in her backyard. Will loves cows. He looks out every window in our house expectantly saying, "Cow?" It's so cute. But Teryn actually has cows. So, she took him to see them. However, he still kept calling our neighbors' large dog a cow today. Oh, well. We're working on it.

1 comment:

Robby and Lynsey said...

I love organizing!!