Thursday, March 15, 2007

In the Middle of the Night

On Tuesday night, we converted Will's crib into a toddler bed, hoping it would help him transition to a "real" bed (which we already have set up for him in another room). The past few nights have gone a little better than expected, but still, it has been interesting. We have been closing his door all the way when we put him in bed so he can't just come out of the room, but before we go to bed, we open the door so he can get to us in the morning and what-not. When we opened the door last night, this is what we found:

We decided to go ahead and put him in the bed (just so you don't think we made him sleep on the floor all night!). It has been interesting waking up in the mornings to a little voice at the foot of the bed instead of over the monitor. The past two mornings it has been an exclamation of "Daddy!" that has woken me out of my peaceful slumber and into sheer panic. It's just not what I expect to wake up to! Yesterday morning, he was kind and woke us up a little after 8:00. Today it was before 7:00. Hmm...I'm not so sure I like this whole gaining independence thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, he looks so cute, wish I could scoop him in my arms.... He looks plumb tuckered, probably from all that reading he did! LOL What precious days these are :)

Anonymous said...

It gets worse...wait until you have a new baby and he starts getting up in the middle of the night and you are startled awake with him staring you in the face! It really freaked me out when Ally did that for the 1st time. :)