Monday, March 26, 2007

Ouch!

Yesterday morning while I was getting dressed in my closet, I somehow mananged to hit a metal box that was precariously sitting on a shelf above my clothes and it fell on top of my foot. Let me tell you, I really thought it was broken for a while. It hurt REALLY bad. I screamed for about 15 seconds. Of course, Will was standing right next to me, so I probably scared the living daylights out of him, but he doesn't seem to be permanently scarred in any way. I didn't make him cry, so that was good. This picture isn't great, but you can sort of see the discoloration on the top of my foot. I've got a pretty good bruise. I spent the rest of the day with my foot elevated and iced. Fun!


And here is my bad-mother-of-the-day story. I was unloading the dishwasher this afternoon and Will was hanging around near me, playing with cars and such. He was driving the cars on the open door and I was just working away. Then something made my ears perk up. He said, "Mmm, good." I looked down to find him licking his finger and putting it back into the the leftover dishwashing liquid in the little flap on the door. I didn't really "freak out," but it did scare me. I of course told him not to do that anymore and read the back of the bottle. It said to call the poison control center or a medical professional right away. So, I made my first ever call to the poison control center of Texas. The man I spoke with was very nice and told me that Will would most likely be fine, if anything he might have some burning in his mouth or possibly vomitting and nausea. Well, thankfully, none of that happened...he probably only put a 1/32 of a teaspoon full (if that) in his mouth. The man said to just make sure he drank plenty of water. What an experience that was!

So, there ya go...my two crazy stories for the day. Hope you enjoyed. I will leave you with a couple more random pictures from the last few days.
Will in his own little lawn chair

Livin' (or sleepin') on the edge...Will likes to get in our bed in the wee hours of the morning and force us over to one side, giving us about 10 inches of our king size bed to sleep on. Am I sure I like the idea of him being able to get out of bed by himself?

2 comments:

Amy said...

You have very nicely painted toes for a pregnant lady. :)
I hope it feels better.

Lauren said...

Amy,

Thanks! My belly isn't so big that I can't bend over yet :)