Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

On this first day of spring, it certainly looks as if spring has arrived around here...trees and flowers are abloom and sunshine is in the air. We've had a string of beautiful weather lately and have been taking advantage by letting Will play outside and taking evening walks. Will looks like a true little boy now because he has scrapes on both knees and elbows. He never cries when he falls, so I just end up finding them later...hopefully they don't sting too bad :) Here is a picture of our pretty purple tree in the backyard, which is only pretty and purple for a couple of weeks out of the year (it will turn into leaves).


In other news, I know that we just converted Will's crib into a toddler bed last week, but last night we decided to try him in his new room with the twin bed. He seemed really excited about it until we actually left him in there to sleep. Then he wasn't too thrilled. But he eventually fell asleep and stayed in the bed for couple of hours until he rolled out onto the pillows on the floor (I hope to get a guard rail soon, but we need box springs for that). Anyway, he didn't make an appearance into our room this morning until about 7:15, so that was good. We'll see how tonight goes.

I will end with a funny story about Will. Yesterday, we went to the pharmacy to pick up some Corona horse ointment that you can use for diaper rash cream because Will's booty has still not recovered from last week's illness. When the pharmacist put it in the white pharmacy bag, Will said, "Chicken! More!" I guess that tells you that he is used to going out and getting chicken that comes out of white paper bags...hmmm...

4 comments:

Marta said...

We LOVE Corona ointment!!! My aunt gave us some when Darby was a baby and we swear by it. We have gotten some funny looks from people when we tell them about it but once they try it they are hooked! Kyle calls it "udder cream" which I think is hilarious! Glad to know we aren't the only ones putting an ointment for livestock on our kids! ;)

Robby and Lynsey said...

Although I do not have kids yet, I think I will be using the Corona ointment as well. It seems like good stuff!

Enjoy that great outside time! We've actually been lucky enough to get some of it here, too!! Yay for spring.

Larissa said...

I love Corona too! I have found that is the only true stuff that works!

And this is completely wierd for me to say I am sure, but I like your fence.

Noel Green said...

I love all the pretty purple that's blooming!

You look so good; I hope you keep feeling well and having a great pregnancy.

Love, Celeste