Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Weekend Madness

Oh, what a weekend! Will became sick on Saturday with bad poops. Oh, how I hate poop! This did not make for a very good weekend. Scott had to preach at another congregation in town on Sunday and we also had the fun task of getting all of our tax stuff ready by Monday. Ahh! Will and I didn't make it to church services at all on Sunday, neither at our home church or the one at which Scott was guest-preaching. Oh well. It rained all day long on Sunday which was nice because it helped me get some much needed sleep.

Will had decided to get up at 5:00 Sunday morning and since he didn't have any intentions of going back to sleep, he and I went out in the rain to get breakfast at McDonald's at 6:30. I thought that would be a quick little trip there and back, but no. We waited in the drive through for what seemed like about 30 minutes. Maybe it was really closer to twenty. However, it was a ridiculous amount of time. Each person in front of me took so long to order that I thought they must all be ordering for an army or at least their entire Sunday school class. When I finally pulled up to the little ordering box, I saw that all the person in front of me had ordered was a deluxe breakfast. I was amazed. It took me maybe 30 seconds to order. Then, when I got to the window, the man told me the credit card machine was down. I had only brought my debit card and my driver's license with me. Thank goodness Scott had a stash of quarters in my car, so I had to count out $4.32 in change to pay. Crazy!

Today, Will seems to be feeling a lot better. He was in such a foul mood (I know it was because he felt so awful) all weekend that it was good to have my sweet boy back again this morning. This week is spring break (for the entire world, I think!) for Scott, so he doesn't have to make the trip to ACU tomorrow--yea! Wednesdays are always a little bit insane because of that. It's nice to have him just a phone call away.

I don't have any new pictures right now on account of my camera's batteries died and I have been too lazy to find new ones to replace them. Hopefully soon I will get some pictures up of Will's new room (still unfinished) and my lovely baby bump. Speaking of my lovely baby--she is doing quite well, it seems. She is my little acrobat. It feels like she is constantly doing somersaults and kicking and punching away. Maybe she will be a little gymnast or a karate champ when she gets older :)

No comments: