Friday, March 09, 2007

Pink Anxiety

Okay, I have a question for all you moms out there who have little girls. When you went for your sonogram and the technician said (without guarantee, of course), "it looks like a girl," did you have anxiety about them being wrong? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's hard for me to be really excited about having a girl because I am so afraid that I will have everything for a little girl and she will come out a boy! Not that I wouldn't love having another little boy, but do you know what I mean? Am I nuts? I guess I am just worried becuase she said that there was an 80% chance it was a girl and to save my receipts if I go nuts buying pink. Well, like I said, we did not see a "turlte," and it looked like two lines to me, but I'm still weird about all this. So, my question is, did you all just accept that you were having a girl without question, or did you worry too?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I suspect that's not at all uncommon. Even though Patrick's "boyness" was unmistakable, I was still worried that they were wrong. At least you already have boys' clothes and accessories, thanks to Will, just in case you fall into that 20%. Do you think you'll get another sonogram between now and the birth that might be able to verify the gender?

Larissa said...

When they told me it was a girl, they never gave a percentage, so I guess I never really questioned it. And so I didn't worry. Anytime I had a boy, it was very clearly a boy. But I would have a little anxiety over 80%...so what you're feeling is normal...but I bet it's a girl.

Marta said...

I never had any anxiety that Darby was a girl. They didn't give me any percentages either so I never worried about it. We ended up having to have another sonogram at about 32 weeks and I had a moment of fear that they would say she was a boy. I worried for nothing... they just verified that she was a girl. I wouldn't worry about it too much... they say that if it is a boy it is all too obvious... was certainly the case with Sutton.

Anonymous said...

They never gave me a percentage either, but I also had a sonographer with an immaculate record when I had Ally. He had not been wrong about the sex of a baby in something like 20 years so we had no doubts. I'm sure it's a girl or you would have definately seen boy parts. :)