Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Little Update

I think it is so funny how many people I know that use ointment for horses on their children's bottoms. Since I have told that Corona story, I have had so many people tell me that they use it! My only question is, how come I'd never heard of it before? Will is doing 99% better since we started using it on Tuesday. I'm so glad. It tortures us as much as it tortures him to wipe that sore booty of his! Onto other things besides rear-ends...

Will is completely moved into his new room! We got a set of box springs and a bed rail on Friday and I think it is going to work out really well. Last night when we went to check on him around 11:30, he was either still in his bed or he had gotten back into it instead of falling asleep on the floor. I think that is the first time since we transitioned him out of the crib that he hasn't been on the floor when we looked in on him. I think he really likes his bed, he just has to get used to it. He's really doing well with the whole transition, though.

In order to get Will moved in, I had to clean out the closet that was to become his. This was a major undertaking since it was the "catch-all" closet of the house. It had seasonal decorations, old Master Follies cosutmes, gift-wrapping supplies, camping supplies...you name it, it was in there. It has taken a while, but I got everything out of there that really had to come out (the camping supplies stayed). So, now the end of my hallway and a whole corner of my living room is filled with garage sale stuff. If you didn't know us and just walked in the house, you'd probably think we are moving because there is just stuff everywhere. I really really really need to have that garage sale I've been talking about having for almost a year now!

Not much else is happening...we are just hanging out, living life. I have had a few people ask me about names for Baby Girl. I am not sure I am quite ready to announce my current pick to all of blogworld yet, but if you would like to make your suggestions, feel free. Maybe you've come up with something that I've never thought of and would be just perfect for our little one.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I vote for Lily. I like that name and I think that Lauren and Lily sound good as a mother/daughter duo. "Please welcome our featured performers: Lauren and Lily". I can hear it now.

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

In response to your comment on my blog: I'm such a bad auntie! Yes, they are my nephew's. I never even mention that. Actually, Scott baptized my sister, Brynn, at Encounter one year. (She always really admired Scott's faith!) Aren't the boys precious:) I need to get more pictures of them up!
You are my inspiration for being better about blogging! My family is always wanting for more pictures and stories of Maren...you are so good at keeping everyone updated on your life.
Girl names are so much fun. Here are a few that I've always loved, but can't use because they are already "taken" in our fam:) Chloe, Nora & Caroline. When I was pregnant, I also liked Dannon, Afton and Marley. So many fun names to choose from, I can't wait to do it again:)

Kathy said...

I've got my own share of favorite girls' names, but I keep hoping we'll get to use one before long. ;) As soon as we find out this is a boy, as I suspect, I'll share those cute girls' names. I'm just worried that one of the many, many people I know having girls in the next few months will have taken our top girl name already, so if you wanted to share a bit early, I certainly wouldn't mind.