Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Cabbage in my Fridge

Two things I absolutely must do before my mom gets here on Friday:

1. Discard the cooked cabbage she put into a tupperware container and then stored in my refrigerator when she was here over New Year's weekend. (My mother makes us eat cabbage and black-eyed peas on New Year's Day "for money and good luck...it's tradition!" I honestly don't know why she put it in a tupperware container. Did she really think I was going to eat cooked cabbage--or any cabbage for that matter!--again on my own accord?)

2. Put away the Christmas gift bags (that she brought filled with gifts over that same weekend) that are still folded up in the corner of my den.

Yes, I know my mom is going to read this anyway, but oh well.

On a completely unrelated topic (surprise, surprise), I am so dreading work tomorrow. Part of my job in the credit-recovery program at dear ol' Big Spring High (which would take WAY too long to explain) is to help the supervising teacher put new courses into place. She just finished a new version of World History. Today I spent several hours making copies and filing, etc., and tomorrow I have to enter all the answers to the tests and study packets into the computers (all the tests are done on scan cards and graded by the computer). It is unequivocally the worst part of my job. It is boring, repititious, and you have to be so very careful because if you make a mistake, you have to do it all over again. Pray for my sanity, my friends. I would greatly appreciate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL, I'm checking your fridge as soon as I get there!! Actually, I thought I might eat more of it before we left, because I actually like steamed cabbage. <3 mom

Larissa said...

We're really big into the black eyed pea thing too!

Thanks for putting a link on your blog to my blog...as soon as I figure out how to do that, I'll put you on mine!

See you this weekend!