Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sleeping Scholar and Potluck

I came back to our room the other night to get ready for bed and found that Scott had fallen asleep reading for class. I think I would have fallen asleep reading this book, too. Anyway, I just thought they were funny pictures to share with everyone in cyberspace. Do you seen the little stuffed bug under the pillow in the top picture? It giggles like a little kid. Scott keeps it under his pillow so he can freak me out with it at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. He's got a twisted mind.

This has been a completely non-productive weekend so far. Well, I take that back. We've done some laundry and went grocery shopping. Other than that, we've been bums!

Tomorrow we have a fellowship meal after morning service. Yea! The potluck--one of mankind's finest ideas. One of my favorite potluck dishes is macaroni and cheese. Someone always makes mac and cheese. Also, there are a couple of ladies at our current congregation who make some really amazing banana pudding. How about y'all? What is your favorite potluck dish?

8 comments:

Larissa said...

green bean casserole!!! Do all the old ladies at your church make deviled eggs? There was always one lady who that you could count on for deviled eggs. My grandad is the deviled egg person at his church.

That bug under the pillow...does Scott really do that in the middle of the night? That makes me laugh.

Yes, I am posting this at the wee hours of the morning...Madi woke up sick and now I can't sleep.

Kathy said...

I always liked whoever brought the "homemade" KFC and moved it into their own pan so it looked like they really had made it.

My absolute favorite, though, has to be the super rich chocolate cake someone always brings for dessert. I want to be like the kids and skip the normal food to go get my dessert first when I see a cake like that!

Terri said...

The last time we had a potluck at church (last month) I looked down and realized that I had a plate full of salad type dishes :) One I particularly like (and never make myself) is kind of vinegary with cabbage and almonds etc...

Re: the potlucks at work, my favorite thing hands down is the Phillipino dish "pantin" (sp?) with their special thin spaghetti type noodles and shrimp & soy sauce, very tasty.

Katherine said...

That book put me to sleep, too...

Lauren said...

Larissa: You can always count on the deviled eggs!! And green bean casserole, too :) Yes, Scott really does scare me with that bug, but not in the middle of the night--usually it's about 5-10 minutes after we've turned off the light to settle down to sleep. I'm sorry Madi got sick in the middle of the night!

KFC is a favorite, too, Kathy. I don't care if it's still in the original bucket or someone's personal pan :)

Mom: I love the fruit salads that people make. We had an awesome one yesterday with srawberries, apples, pineapples and pecans. Yum!

I can't believe I forgot one thing though...Harmony's famous oatmeal chocolate chip cake. De-lish!!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately everyone is catching on to the oatmeal cake - we didn't have any leftover yesterday for us to eat. Oh well, I'll just have to make another one, and of course I'll let you and Scott know when I do (along with my boss). :)

Neena said...

The laughing bug thing reminds me of something my husband would do. Right now everything from potlucks sounds great. We haven't had one in a while cause our church is in a school building right now and we don't have a place to keep everything. Banana pudding was always great and pretty much everything else that was a dessert. That is my weakness.

Anonymous said...

what do you mean by "current congregation?" you better not be leaving!