Thursday, February 16, 2006

On the Road Again

Actually, we'll be in the air again, but that doesn't sound as catchy for my title. Will and I are flying to Houston tomorrow evening. It just hit me this morning that I am leaving town in a little over 24 hours. I have to pack for both Will and myself tonight. Ugh. I hate packing. Really, I do. But! I am glad that I will get to see my parents, brother and other assorted family members. Hopefully, we'll get to see some friends as well. I'm sure the visit won't be nearly long enough!

One really great thing is that I don't have to bring the car seat. My parents have some neighbors who have an extra infant seat for their grandson, so we are borrowing it for the weekend. I'm really thankful I don't have to wrestle with that! Instead, I'll be able to bring Will's stroller--I'm hoping it will be a lot easier to deal with in the airport. Only time will tell.

------------------------------------------------------

How did Scott and I bear a child who loves mornings so much? Today as I was getting ready for work, I heard nursery songs coming through the monitor. Will was awake in his crib, playing with his Gloworm. I went into his room a few minutes later and he was just laying in his bed, smiling and as happy as could be. It's really quite an anomaly that he is such a morning person because those of you who know Scott and I can attest to the fact that neither of us are morning people. Mornings are good for staying asleep! Having a morning baby helps to get our mornings off on the right foot, though. We can't help but think positive thoughts when we see that beautiful smile!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

How funny. Patrick's somehow a morning baby too. I don't know where he got that. He also loves his Gloworm. He can't go to sleep until it has sung to him.

Deana Nall said...

Welcome to our corner of the state!

Katherine said...

You are definitely NOT a morning person...not that I can say a whole lot!! ;)

Have a great trip-love ya!!