Monday, February 20, 2006

Zzzz...

I am so tired. I am an insane person to have traveled this weekend. I just want to curl up in a little ball and lay my head on my desk. Do you think they would notice?

The trip went well for the most part. The actual visit was great. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with the family. The flights, however, were another story. Our flight on Friday was delayed an hour, so we didn't get into Houston til 9:00. Then we had to drive from the airport to Katy (about an hour or more), making a "quick" stop at the grocery store to pick up some baby food for Will (I forgot to pack it!) and some items for my brother who had had oral surgery that morning. We didn't get home until about 11:00. Last night our flight was delayed 30 minutes. We landed at 9:30 and got home at 11:00. Ugh. I really despise travelling. I like the the getting there and doing, just not the going. One positive aspect of our flight last night was our hilarious flight crew. They were quite the comedians. At the end of the little schpeel they do about the emergency exits and such to which no one listens, I heard him say, "blah, blah, blah; yada, yada, yada." Then when they were demonstrating how to use the oxygen masks, she started out by saying,"after you finish screaming and let go of your neighbor's leg..." It went on like that throughout the entire flight. Fun times.

We enjoyed our visit, though. We didn't do a whole lot--it was sooo cold in Houston! The moisture in the air just made it seem even colder than it really was, too. Brr! On Saturday my parents, Will and I met a doctor my mom works with to look at the car he is selling. Then we went out to eat at one of my dad's favorite places, Chuy's. It was the best Mexican food I have had in a long time. Kendall couldn't join us because he was still recovering from his wisdom teeth extraction.

On Sunday morning we went to church at Cinco Ranch. My dad is teaching a class on Barnabas and being an encourager (coincidentally, the lesson I taught last Wednesday was out of a book called The Barnabas Factor, also about being an encourager--weird huh?) and did an excellent job facilitating a good discussion. Worship was uplifting as always. I ended up singing with Mom on the praise team at the last second (literally!) and managed to do a pretty good job. There were a couple of songs I'd never heard before, so that was kind of interesting. Another great thing about church on Sunday was getting to see a fellow blogger and LCU alumna, Kathy, her husband, and precious son! It was fun getting to see her in person again and finally meet Matt and Patrick. A funny thing about Kathy is that she lives where my parents live, and I live where Matt's parents live. Matt was quite weirded out by the fact that I not only live in the town where he grew up, but that I work at the high school from which he graduated. It was fun to compare notes :)

We also got together with the Watson side of the family for "lunch." I put lunch in quotes because we ate it at three in the afternoon. One set of uncle, aunt, and cousins had not met Will yet, so it was fun to introduce them. Everyone else enjoyed seeing how much he'd changed since Thanksgiving.

While Will and I were away, Scott put the top coat on the hard wood floors in our living room. It looks really nice. He still wants to work on it a little more, though. We still have to do the baseboards and quarter-rounds, too, so there's still work to be done before the project is completed.

I suppose I've written enough for now. Hopefully, Mom will send me some pictures she took this weekend and I'll get them posted for you all to see.

Buh-bye, now :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

SSSSSOOOOO glad you came! I can never get enough of you and/or Will. Airports are not my favorite place these days either, however, MUCH easier and quicker than an 8hr. car ride. I hope you survived your day at school and were able to curl up in bed early tonight. Love you, mom