Sunday, February 05, 2006

Well, I just put Will down for the night. Maybe. He has been reverting lately and waking up in the wee hours; I guess it's because he doesn't feel good. Hopefully we will get past all this soon. Just when his stomach was getting better, he started tugging at his ears again. We took him to the doctor on Saturday and sure enough, it looks like he is getting another ear infection. So he is on antibiotics yet again. Yea! The doctor wants to try a full month of taking Zyrtec every day (we had stopped it for a couple of days when he had the rotavirus) and then we will see how the ears are doing. If he gets an infection even while on Zyrtec (the theory is: when we get the allergies under control the ear infections will stop), then we will start thinking about getting tubes put in his ears. Oh, such fun!

Tonight, we went over to one of our youth group member's house to watch the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the only NFL game I watch every year. I don't really care for football, but usually enjoy the Super Bowl; mainly because of the funny commercials. I didn't watch for long (I had to get Will home, plus the whole first hour of the game was during church time), but the funniest commercial I saw had to be the one for Desperate Housewives with Shaq, Tony Hawk, Hugh Hefner and the like. The Rolling Stones were horrendous. That is the worst half-time show I've seen in a long time. There's nothing grosser than old, ugly Mick Jagger shaking his fanny. Ugh. I mean, the Stones were very cool at one point in time, but this is not that point. So, that is what I have to say about the Super Bowl. (Who was playing?? Just kidding...I know it was Pittsburgh and Seattle).

All in all it was a good weekend. We had a great visit with Scott's mom and grandma. I wish they could have stayed a little longer, but they were ready to get back home and to their normal routines. My mom is coming on Friday and will be going to Master Follies with us. She's going to take care of Will during the show if need be. Isn't that sweet? I'm really looking forward to Follies/breakfast, etc.

Oh, one more thing I want to share. We decided to do the free trial for Netflix. So far, I think it is awesome. We have one of the smallest Blockbusters known to man here in Big Spring and their selection is less than stellar. So, in order to get caught up on Smallville and Gilmore Girls, what is more perfect than Netflix which has like 500,000,000 titles or something! We have already gotten 2 discs and finished them. It is very cool. I suggest at least trying it out, especially if you live in the Stone Age like us and don't have cable.

Well, I hope everyone has an excellent week. Live long and prosper :)

No comments: