Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Whew!

It's over! I did it. I taught my first adult class. My powerpoint didn't happen, but overall, it went well.

Nothing too exciting is going on around here besides that. Scott gave me two CDs for Valentine's Day--the new Enya and Rob Thomas. Woo hoo! I haven't gotten to listen to either one yet, but I will! We went to the China Dragon Buffet last night with the Malletts to proof the BSHS newspaper. Yes, that was our romantic evening--sitting around with high school students, bleeding red ink all over their articles. The rest of the evening was spent working on my lesson and trying to figure out Will's grumpy attitude. We finally chocked it up to teething and gave him some baby ibuprofen. That seemed to help.

I guess that's about all I've got for now. Now that I am done with my lesson, I can relax a bit. We got a Gilmore Girls dvd in the mail today (yippee!) so I'm going to go watch an episode before I go to bed. Hopefully I will have something interesting to write about soon. Thanks to all those who prayed for my class to go well.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So the Malletts live nearby? I guess I was right when I thought I saw them in Petsmart when I was in Midland over Fourth of July weekend. Do they live in Big Spring or Midland? Either way, that's cool. By the way, congratulations on teaching the ladies' class. I always get nervous in front of adults too.

Chelsey Whitlow said...

I am so glad that your class went well! I am teaching tonight for the college small group! It should be interesting!

love you,
Chelsey